Commercial Roofing in Durham
Comprehensive Roofing Services for Your Business
At A-1 Roofing, we are proud to be a full-service commercial roofing contractor with extensive knowledge of all commercial roofing needs. We have built our commercial roofing reputation on a long history of quality work and fair, competitive pricing.
Our Durham commercial roofers use the most current commercial roofing applications, and we strive to surpass all customer expectations with each roofing project. Our roofing includes work on standalone buildings, churches, shopping centers, apartment complexes, and other large commercial buildings.
We specialize in commercial flat roof installation, repair, restoration, and maintenance. Since 1982, we have proudly served the greater area in the communities of Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Durham, Hillsborough, and Raleigh.
Get started with a free estimate; call (877) 540-1952 or contact us online today. Se habla español.
Our Commercial Roofing Services
We offer a comprehensive range of commercial roofing services, including but not limited to:
- Commercial roof installation
- Commercial roof repairs
- Commercial roof replacement
- Commercial roof maintenance
- Commercial roof inspections
- Leak detection and repair
- Commercial roof coating
Our experienced roofers work on a variety of different types of commercial roofs and with all types of commercial roofing materials, including flat roofs, EPDM roofs, single-ply roofs, shingles, metal roofs, and more. We also install, repair, and replace roofing elements, such as gutters and flashing, as well as commercial siding.
No matter your commercial roofing needs, A-1 Roofing is ready to get the job done right. We offer warranties and are fully licensed and insured for your peace of mind. We also stand behind all our work, striving for 100% customer satisfaction with every job we complete.
Common Types of Commercial Roofs
If you are considering replacing your business’s existing roof, or if you need commercial roof installation for new construction, there are several things to keep in mind when determining the type of roof you need. Commercial roofing materials are varied, each with its own pros and cons. You’ll want to consider the weather in your area, as well as the aesthetics of your building and the specific concerns of your business, from budgetary issues to time constraints.
Some of the most common types of commercial roofing materials include:
- Asphalt Shingles: Asphalt shingles are a popular choice for commercial roofs due to their affordability and availability in various styles and colors. They provide good protection against the elements and are relatively easy to install and maintain.
- EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer): EPDM is a synthetic rubber roofing material known for its durability and resistance to UV rays. It is commonly used on flat or low-slope roofs and can withstand extreme weather conditions.
- TPO (Thermoplastic Olefin): TPO is a single-ply roofing membrane made of a blend of polypropylene and ethylene-propylene rubber. It offers excellent resistance to UV rays, chemicals, and punctures. TPO roofs are energy-efficient and can help reduce heating and cooling costs.
- PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride): PVC roofing membranes are highly durable and resistant to chemicals, UV rays, and punctures. They provide long-lasting protection for commercial buildings and are often used for flat roofs.
- Metal Roofing: Metal roofing—including materials such as corrugated galvanized steel, aluminum, copper, and stainless steel—is known for its durability and longevity. It can withstand harsh weather conditions, is fire-resistant, and requires minimal maintenance.
- Modified Bitumen: Modified bitumen roofing is a type of asphalt-based roofing material reinforced with fiberglass or polyester. It provides excellent flexibility, durability, and resistance to extreme temperatures. Modified bitumen roofs are commonly used on flat or low-slope roofs.
It's important to consult with a professional roofing contractor, like A-1 Roofing, who can assess the specific needs of your commercial building and recommend the best material and roofing system for optimal performance and longevity.
When to Schedule Commercial Roof Services
Knowing when to schedule professional commercial roofing services is important. The sooner you address damage and the more often you schedule roof maintenance, the more likely you are to save time and money on major repairs.
It’s a good idea to schedule professional commercial roofing services any time you notice the following:
- Persistent Leaks or Water Damage: If you notice water stains, damp spots, or leaks inside your building, it's a clear sign that your roof needs attention. Schedule professional roof services to identify and repair the source of the leak.
- Cracked or Damaged Roofing Materials: Inspect your roof for any cracked, broken, or missing shingles, tiles, or other roofing materials. These issues can compromise the integrity of your roof and require timely repairs.
- Sagging or Uneven Roof Surfaces: A visibly sagging or uneven roof may indicate structural problems or damage. It's crucial to address these issues promptly to prevent further damage and potential safety hazards.
- Excessive Wear and Tear: Commercial roofs are exposed to the elements and can experience wear and tear over time. If your roof shows signs of deterioration, such as granule loss, curling shingles, or visible signs of aging, it's recommended to schedule professional roof services to assess its condition.
- Increased Energy Bills: A poorly maintained or damaged roof can result in energy loss and increased heating or cooling costs. If you notice a significant increase in your energy bills, it could be an indication that your roof insulation or ventilation system needs attention.
- Mold or Mildew Growth: The presence of mold or mildew on your ceiling or walls indicates moisture intrusion, which can be caused by a roof leak. Schedule professional roof services to identify and address the underlying issue before it leads to further damage or health concerns.
- Pest Infestations: If you notice signs of pests, such as rodents or insects in your building, it could be due to vulnerabilities in your roof. Pests can enter through gaps or damaged areas, so it's important to have your roof inspected and repaired if necessary.
- Advanced Roof Age: Depending on the type of roofing material and how often they are maintained, commercial roofs have a limited lifespan. If your roof is nearing the end of its expected lifespan, it's a good idea to schedule professional roof services to assess its condition and plan for necessary repairs or replacements.
Remember, regular inspections and maintenance are key to identifying these signs early on. We recommend that you schedule routine roof inspections at least twice a year and after severe weather events to detect any issues and maintain the longevity of your commercial roof.
Contact A-1 Roofing for Commercial Roofing Services in Durham
If you need commercial roofing services for your business, don’t hesitate to contact our team at A-1 Roofing. We are ready to take care of all your commercial roofing needs. We even offer emergency commercial roof repairs, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We are GAF- and Certainteed-certified and have earned countless five-star reviews from our business owners throughout the area. Get in touch with us today to learn more about our services and how we can help you.
Call (877) 540-1952 or contact us online using the form on this site.