Durham Roof Repair
When you have a roof leak, missing shingles, or other damage, you can count on A-1 Roofing to provide reliable repairs to restore your property and your peace of mind. As a multi-generation, family-owned business, we've offered quality roofing services since 1982, and we have the experience and expertise to get the job done right. We offer free estimates and always work to ensure you're completely satisfied with the work we do.
If you need roof repair in Durham, give us a call at (877) 540-1952 or send us a message online.
Causes of Roof Damage
Roof damage can be caused by a number of things, including weather events like hailstorms and hurricanes, tree limbs falling on the roof, or even animals like squirrels or birds nesting in the attic. In some cases, the damage may be obvious, like a missing shingle or a leak in the roof. In other cases, the damage may not be apparent at first glance, and it may only be discovered during an inspection.
Some of the most common signs of roof damage include:
- Shingle damage: Missing, torn, or curling shingles are all signs that your roof may need repair. Shingles protect your roof from the elements, so any damage to them can cause moisture to get in, which can lead to mold or other problems.
- Puddling water: If there is a leak in your roof, you may notice water collecting somewhere on the ground below. This water can cause damage to your landscaping or your foundation, so it's important to get the issue fixed as soon as possible.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the metal or plastic that goes around the roof to keep water from getting in. If the flashing is damaged, water can get in, causing mold or other issues.
- Sagging roof: If your roof is sagging in some places, it means that there is too much weight for the structure to support. This can cause a collapse, so it's important to get the issue fixed as soon as possible.
It can be difficult to tell if your roof is damaged. If you notice any of the signs above, or if you just want to be sure your roof is in good condition, give us a call at (877) 540-1952 to schedule an inspection.
What to Do After a Storm
The best way to protect your roof after a storm is to have it inspected. After a severe weather event, you may notice tree limbs or other debris on your roof. Shingles may have also blown off or there may be leaking water into your home. If you notice any of these issues, call us right away to have the damage inspected.
After a storm, you should:
- Check for obvious signs of damage to your roof
- Make sure your gutters are clear
- Check your ceilings for leaks
- Have your roof inspected and repaired by a professional if needed
Your safety is important, so never climb onto your roof yourself to check for damage. There may be unknown structural damage that can cause collapse if stepped on, and the roof itself is often slippery, increasing the risk of falls. Our professionals take care to follow all safety precautions to protect themselves and your property. We are well-trained in spotting the common signs of roof issues and can do so without compromising the structural integrity of your property.
"We felt like we had a leak that was going to be hard to find but the roofers found it without a lot of trouble. They gave us a quote and after they found the problem they stayed with their quote!"- Karen G.
"A1 Roofing’s work is high quality and the work is done professionally and timely. I will use them again if needed and highly recommend them for all your roofing needs."- Judy S.
"The owner is very knowledgeable and provides great service at a competitive rate! The crews are quick and make sure to clean up behind themselves. Definitely would recommend."- Brittany B.
"A1 was quick to respond, on time and priced right. Very happy and would recommend them to anyone looking for a roof repair contractor or roofing company in the Durham area."- Thomas S.
"John came to fix the problem immediately!"- Cemil A.
"Excellent company, very diligent and reasonable on quotes. Would highly recommend!"- James R.
How Long Does Roof Repair Take?
The length of time it takes to complete roof repair depends on the extent of the damage. If you need shingles replaced, for example, it may take a day or two to complete the job, as long as there are no other issues that need to be addressed. If you need a new roof installed, however, the job may take a couple of weeks.
During our initial inspection, we will look for issues with the roof itself, but also the underlying structure and any adjacent issues. Our team can fix any problems with your siding, gutters, flashing, and the wood deck that supports your roof. Issues with your roof deck usually occur from water infiltration and tears, and our team is trained to find and repair wood damage to ensure you have the strongest foundation to support the shingles, metal, or other roofing materials.
At A-1 Roofing, we work hard to make sure your roof is repaired quickly and efficiently. Call us at (877) 540-1952 to schedule a free estimate for roof repairs in Durham.